1.02.2012

living room switch

We spent a little over a week with my family in Memphis over Christmas break. We had a great time, but were excited to be back in our home. While in Memphis, I visited the Pottery Barn Outlet a few times. The first time I found an 8x10 rug that I loved, but it was still $400. The next time I went in with my mom & aunts, all the rugs were 20 percent off! I started looking through the different options again, & found a 5x8 I really really loved. It was marked all the way down to $180! My sweet aunt Lisa said she would pitch in by paying half if I would paint her a large custom painting. Of course I agreed & am now a proud owner of a Samantha rug! :)

As soon as we got home & unloaded the car I started setting up our living room with our new rug. I also purchased two pillow inserts at the outlet to go inside two additional pillows for our couch I scored online for $10 each!


Don't you just love when that happens? They were still selling them at the outlet for a marked down price of $25. 

Here is our living room before the rearranging began:




And after:

I love our four pillows!


I added a little chair that belonged to my grandmother. I plan on reupholstering it sometime in a linen fabric. Also, that piece of artwork was previously above our entry table.


I also moved the hutch my sweet husband surprised me with for my birthday last year. It was previously in our dining room, but I loved the height in this corner that our tree added, & wanted to replace it with a tall piece.


The people who lived in our house before us left a lot of pretty bottles in the basement. We cleaned them up & placed them on top of our hutch.


Previous entry table:


Current entry table:


I love how it all turned out! Now we just need to hang our new curtains my sweet sister gave me for Christmas. They are a pretty burnt orange burlap that will look great hung high over the large living room window. 

I hope everyone had a great holiday season!







{alli}

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to have the matchy matchy look going on. However after listing the pros and cons they won out over the chairs from World Market I showed you on this post . Hammary Baja

    ReplyDelete