7.20.2011

moving in

Well, since my last post, we moved in to our house & began the long process of unpacking. But before we were completely moved in, we crossed paths with this guy:


Oh yes, we killed an almost six-foot-long snake in the front yard. I went to turn on the water hose, only to look down & see this guy stretched out underneath my hand. I screamed, Gentry came to the rescue & we dominated the snake.


After that, we put the cabinet doors up on our kitchen cabinets & began unpacking all of our kitchen stuff. Thankfully in this kitchen we have a lot of cabinet & counter space.

I am loving how they are coming along!

We still have to paint the smaller cabinets that G & his dad built, as well as the drawers. The new hardware turned out really well, & we saved money by spray painting the old hinges with flat black paint.


This stuff is amazing! I have used it on all of the cabinet hinges, the original door hinges, as well as a few other decorative items.

I bought the rug in the kitchen on sale at Pier 1 during their big summer sale. 
















I like how it brings in my favorite shade of light blue, plus it has the cabinet color & the white color we will do our backsplash in.

Another thing that ties several of the elements together is the plate we bought on our trip to Turkey, Greece & Rome.


One more element I love is the beautiful sunflowers that my sweet mother-in-law got for me the night we moved in. 







Needless to say, I was one happy girl!

We have made a lot of progress on setting things up so far including our living room, kitchen, master bedroom & guest room. I will post pictures later, as well as the inspirations for some of the other rooms in the house.

{alli}

No comments:

Post a Comment