6.26.2011

Louisville happenings

New city, new house & lots of changes. 

We are about a week away from moving in to our new place, & I decided it was about time I update everyone on our progress. 

Floors
The floors have been stripped, stained & glossed, & now we are waiting on them to fully dry before we can move everything in. Gentry & his parents did all the dirty work while I stayed in Jackson to do hair & make up for a dear friend's wedding. (I think I got the better end of the deal) 
right foot on the original floors, left on the sanded
left side is original, right is sanded
dark stain
You will have to wait to see the end result! :)

Kitchen
One of the first things we did was take down all the upper cabinets, starting with the ones hanging over the bar. It immediately opened the space up & connected the kitchen & hearth room. 
before
after
The next step was to take down the soffit that attached the cabinets.
my man working hard!
ta da!
Then we took down the rest of the upper cabinets & I began priming.
G & his dad are in the process of reworking the location of the refrigerator, range, dishwasher & microwave. We are redesigning the layout of the entire room, so the after pictures are going to be exciting! We decided to build a half wall behind the bar instead of using the overhang in the counter for bar stools. It will be finished sometime this week. The half wall will give us more options for furniture in the hearth room & I think it will look amazing! Also, the wiring is done for the lights that will hang over the bar area, & they are going to be pretty sweet!
soffit is gone & the wiring is ready!

Hearth Room
Things are really looking brighter in this room, which I think will be my favorite. We primed & painted the wood paneling. Almost instantly the amount of light in the space tripled. G took down the old bookshelves so he & his dad can build new ones that are a bit larger. 
left side primed, right side painted
I am in the process of painting the window sills glossy white, something that is taking much longer than I expected.

The room did not have any ceiling lights, so G climbed up into the attic & installed two can lights on either side of the fan. I am able to see the inspiration we had for the room start to take shape. Lots of changes will be happening this week for this space, & I can't wait!

{alli}

2 comments:

  1. Hey i really appreciate the work you did, its a real tuff job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We are really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete