6.08.2011

the greek life

G & I just returned to Tennessee after a two week vacation in Greece & Italy...I know, I know, it sounds amazing right? Well it was & I thought it would be appropriate to share a few pictures of our time in Greece. 

I have always loved the color combination of blue & white. My nursery was light blue & white when I was a baby & my bedroom in high school was ice blue with white bedding. The color combination makes me feel completely relaxed & at home. Needless to say, the white houses dotting the hillsides of Greece captivated me during our trip. The majority boasted doors, window frames, shutters & railings in various shades of blues, mirroring the gorgeous Aegean Sea surrounding them. The longer we spent roaming the streets of the quaint islands we visited, the more inspiration I got for our future home. 

Mykonos

This island was our first stop during our week-long Mediterranean cruise. As soon as I stepped off the boat
I knew I was in love. We wandered through the small, cobble-stone streets up to the old wind mills, then walked down the street where we had dinner by the ocean & watched one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen. I now know why it was one of Jackie O's favorite vacation spots.

Patmos
Our next stop was the island of Patmos, where John wrote the book of Revelation in the Bible. It has a large monastery on top of the hill, which keeps the island's nightlife to a minimum, making it a very tranquil & relaxing place. I love the simplicity of each of the homes.

Rhodes
Rhodes boasted the most beautiful views of the ocean, with lots of gorgeous cliffs & rocks like in the photo above. Most of the people live in apartments, so the homes were not as quaint as the other islands, but the colors of the water were amazing. 

Santorini
Santorini is a classic Greecian island with white buildings built into the hillside. Almost every home had an amazing view of the ocean, as you can see in the photos above. It was a perfect ending to the Greece portion of our trip :)

All of the beautiful things I saw kept reminding me of this previous post  from Willow Decor. I would love to have different shades of blue in our new home. I like the idea of including beautiful colors into a room with a neutral pallet. Hopefully I can even use some of the photos I took as artwork in the new place!


No comments:

Post a Comment