2.02.2013

nursery brainstorming

With only a week & a half left until we find out if Baby Hill will be a boy or girl, I can't help but think of nursery ideas. We have a spare room directly across the hall from our bedroom that we plan on using for the nursery. Since we already have a guest bedroom in this house, we left this spare room pretty empty to avoid purchasing another bedroom suite. 

I've been pinning a few things on my Pinterest board for kids, & have come across some cute nursery ideas. Without knowing the sex of the baby, I have no idea how we will actually decorate the nursery, but I do love looking at possibilities! 

I love this green baby bed! It would be cute to do if you find a used crib on Craigslist or at a flea mall.


 I also love the simplicity of this antique crib from A Country Farmhouse. The entire nursery is adorable.


 We have been playing around with the idea of putting a twin bed or a trundle bed in the nursery, along with the crib. I'm not sure if it will end up working out or not, but I came across this photo & loved the color scheme. It would be easy to make a twin headboard using a similar fabric, & then using that same fabric for the crib skirt. 


This has been one of my favorite photos of a nursery for a long time. I remember coming across it a couple of years ago when my sister was pregnant & loving it! I love the wooden pallet behind the crib, & the gray crib color. I also really like the light walls & colorful accessories.


 This nursery is definitely more modern than I am usually drawn to, but I really like all the colors.


I love the use of antiques in this nursery.


This last photo is obviously not a nursery, but I love the color scheme. It would be perfect for a boy or a girl, & the mix of fabric patterns & textiles are wonderful.


I am hoping that once we find out boy or girl we can start planning for the nursery. I am not a bed in the bag kind of girl, so I plan on picking out the fabrics & making the bedding & curtains myself. I also want to have time to look for cute accessories like these antique alphabet cards.


{alli}

3 comments:

  1. Such great ideas...can't wait to see what you come up with! Love reading your blog btw so keep up the awesome posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girl! My goal is to start blogging more :) You're so sweet!

      Delete
  2. I love it as always. Especially the prints and colors on the last one. You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete