9.03.2012

entertainment center

Well, they did it. Gentry & his dad built an entertainment center & dividing wall in two weeks. I'm amazed, & it looks incredible!

Here is the living room when we first saw the house in December 2010:


This is actually the exact place that the entertainment center now sits. Since our home was built in the late 60s, the house didn't really have a natural place for a television. We don't watch t.v. very often (other than for movies and football games - Roll Tide!), but the only place that a t.v. would go was on an imaginary wall in between the dining room & living room that only I could see in my head. This might be a problem for most people, but I am lucky enough to have a husband & a father-in-law who can build anything as long as you can draw it out for them.

We had this set up for a year while we worked on other projects in the house:


The next series of photos are of the building process.

my finger got in the way :) oops

Then the television went in:


& here is the finished product:

view from the hallway
notice the new gallery wall on the left!
view from the dining room

& there you have it! We now have an amazing entertainment center & room divider all in one! It definitely makes a huge difference in both rooms!


{alli}

6 comments:

  1. This is seriously incredible! I love all your posts about your house! It's quite inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish my husband were as handy! It is totally beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word Alli!! It's just amazing!! What a beautiful addition to your home! Really stunning how you added arches in the doorways too! Great job super handy husband and father in law!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, Alli!! I love it! Gentry and his dad did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete