4.02.2012

what we've been up to

I'm getting really bad at blogging lately. & it's not because we haven't been doing anything at our house. Recently G & his dad built display cabinets & a mini pantry in our kitchen. The doors are built, now they just need to be installed. I'm so thrilled with how things are coming along!

First we painted the paneling above the existing cabinets with glossy white paint.


Then the frame for the display cabinets went up.


Then I put a couple of coats of our cabinet paint on the outside. 


Now all I had to do was paint the inside of the frame and the ceiling.
We still had a bit of a gap between the ceiling and the paneling, so I used some caulk to fill in the gaps. I used it again after the installation of our crown molding in the kitchen.


I love the crown molding!


I feel like the ceilings seem taller with the addition of these display cabinets.

Here is a look at the pantry they built in the awkward space to the left of our refrigerator:


Our narrow garbage can fits perfectly in the bottom of the pantry. I am pretty excited to add the doors though. 

Here is another addition to our kitchen:


I found these fruit & veggie prints on Etsy & have loved the pop of color they add to this corner.


Our hearth room has changed a little bit since the last time I posted an update.
I recently rearranged the displays on our bookshelves.


The cabinet doors have been built, and one side has been installed.


Here is a closer look at the doors on the other side waiting to be installed.


I love how they turned out!

G also built a new medicine cabinet for our master bathroom while I was out of town two weekends ago. It is from a photo he found in my Restoration Hardware catalog. He still has to add some more detail & stain it, but I love it!


I'll leave you with a peak at our bedroom with the new wall color. We love it!




{alli}

4 comments:

  1. Man you two are talented. I love what you've done. VERY smart looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all! Very nice doors for the cabinets by the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alli, the house looks incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bedroom wall color! What is it?

    ReplyDelete