2.03.2012

curtain love & front door redo

Over Christmas my sweet sister Lindsey gave me paneled, burlap curtains she made for our living room. I absolutely love them!


They look great with our new rug & pillows.


I would love to replace the original blinds with some bamboo curtains like these:

the lettered cottage
emily a. clark
birch & lily
sas interiors

 In other news, I painted our front door one Sunday afternoon. I used the grey paint we used on our fireplace redo. I also used black spray paint to cover the metal storm door.

before

& I made sure to scrape off this intimidating home security sticker:


Here is the after!

after

Here is a little info about the front entry. When we first moved in, the house had an iron rail around the porch, as well as old wooden boards covering the concrete base.


We ripped up the boards, took off the rails & tore out the two bushes crowding the entry.


It looks a little bare now, but eventually we will get around to fixing it up. The front door makeover definitely makes a big difference! I can't wait to replace the wooden porch & work on our flower beds & front yard this spring!




{alli}



1 comment:

  1. The curtains are so perfect!!! They really tie everything together!

    ReplyDelete