12.11.2011

master bedroom preview

I haven't posted any photos of our master bedroom yet, so I figured it's about time. Though we are no where close to being done with the room, I'm trying to get better about posting photos of our progress. So far, we have not painted the walls, or bought any new decor or furniture for the room. The furniture in the room is my grandmother's old wooden bed & dresser, along with two night stands we purchased at a flea mall on our honeymoon. 

This weekend I decided it was time to break down & fix it up. I've wanted to paint our wooden bed for a while, & I finally had a semi free weekend, so I went for it. G & I went to Lowe's on Saturday to pick out paint. I chose Valspar's Coconut Milk color for our bed.

Here is the look I was going for:

link

Here is our bed before paint:




& here it is after two coats:


Once I got it inside, I decided it would look good with a bit of light sanding to distress it. 

Here is what I came up with:

our duvet cover is from west elm

I love how it turned out!!

we definitely need a bed skirt :)


Notice this rug? It's the jute rug my hubs got on clearance at Lowe's last year for $25! We used to have it in our living room, but then I switched it out with the rug we had under our dining room table. You can see that rug here.

Eventually I would like to paint this dresser as well:

I love the top of my bouquet my mom got freeze dried for us :)

This is a painting G & I found in my parent's attic that they let us have. I spray painted the gold frame with oil-rubbed bronze paint. It was super easy & I love how it turned out!


I think the bed will look even better once we paint the walls. It will also look better once I have pretty pillows on the bed & incorporate other colors.



I also want to add some custom curtains, pillows & a bed skirt once I get my sewing machine for Christmas :) 

I love the different patterns used in this bedding:

link

Our bedspread is a similar blue color, & I want to add some gold, burnt orange & navy blue accents.

I also love these pillows from Etsy:

link

link

I wouldn't put them together, but I do love both of the different styles. Who knows what kind of fabrics  I will end up choosing, but I like having options :)


That's all for now! I hope everyone had a great weekend!



{alli}

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the bed. Having a sweet memory of your grandmother attached to it adds to the charm and timeless style. Great job! How do you do it all!!

    ReplyDelete