9.21.2011

things you haven't seen

I've realized the only parts of our new home I've shown have pretty much been the hearth room & kitchen. Here is a little house tour of our place so far. Remember, we have not dedicated much time at all into these rooms, so just know there will be many more updates to come!

Guest Room


Check out the final look of our hard wood floor makeover! I love how the dark stain turned out. So far the guest room is a bit boring color wise, but I plan on painting it soon! 


Here is a better look at the furniture in the room:



I want to paint & distress the bed-side tables and chest of drawers. I've seen several neat ideas on Miss Mustardseed's website that I would like to try out on them. 

little pear painting I did 






Craft Room

This is the third bedroom of our house that we have obviously done absolutely nothing in, but I plan on turning it into an art studio/craft room! I lucked out by having a husband who wanted his office in the unfinished basement. :) 

don't judge us for not touching this room yet 


















Living Room


An interesting thing about the living room is that it has no ceiling lights. I'm looking forward to the day when we install can lights & a black ceiling fan.

We haven't painted this room yet, but I finally picked out a color!


This is the view into the dining room from the living room. We are going to build an entertainment center where our t.v. is currently located. It will be in the middle of the space, & we will have two door frames on either side. I'm excited about how this will divide the dining room & living room, & carve out a good spot for the t.v. (something 1960s homes don't have)  


We are going to put a chair rail up in the dining room, & paint the walls two shades darker than the living room color. We are also going to replace the old ceiling fan in the dining room with a gorgeous antique/turquoise chandelier! It weighs about 15 pounds, but I love it!

Here is the view from the dining room into the kitchen.


Hearth Room

We now have some furniture in the hearth room, but few accessories yet. I still need to finish painting the shelves for the bookcases.


Our previous house lacked a variety of colors, so I'm trying to incorporate some rust/red colors, oranges, yellows & browns. 


I love this side table from the Pottery Barn Outlet. I got the lamp at TJ Maxx Home Goods here in Louisville, & I got the little birds from Marshall's in Jackson. 



I finally found something to hang above the mantle! Hobby Lobby was having a 50% off sale on their wall art. I found this iron piece for $15! I like how it ties in with the stove insert.

Bathrooms

I don't have photos of our master bedroom, but here is a picture of the master bathroom. We have done absolutely zero to it so far, & I look forward to the day we overhaul these old tiles & pelican sliding doors. 


The hallway bathroom is a little bit bigger, but instead of this tan/mauve tile it has powder blue. Lets not forget about the wallpaper it had of poodles powdering their noses. 


Thank goodness that is gone. We plan on installing white bead board to cover up the wall tiles, an idea I got from Just a Touch of Gray's bathroom re-do. Then we are going to pick out some sort of new floor tiles. I'm excited to start those projects in the future!

Hope you enjoyed the mini tour!


{alli}

3 comments:

  1. alli, you're so creative! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't change the pelican sliding doors.
    -Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're house looks awesome! i love it!

    ReplyDelete