9.30.2011

rugs on my mind

After posting pictures of a semi house tour, I've noticed we could really use a larger, colorful rug in the living room. Here is a look at the current room.


 As I mentioned before, I found a paint color I'm crazy about on the Sherwin-Williams website called Sea Salt. Here is the color swatch to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.



With the current yellow-color walls, the neutral couch & chair & the jute rug, everything seems to be the same color. Obviously a new wall color will help, but I think we need a larger rug anyways. I would like to find one that has other colors as well so it can stand out against the furniture. 

Of course Pottery Barn has great rugs, but they are always so expensive. Since we will be traveling to Memphis (where I'm from) for a wedding in a couple of weeks, I will definitely be stopping by the Pottery Barn Outlet. My sister bought a gorgeous 8x10 rug there a year ago, & G & I have always loved it! Plus every time I'm in Memphis, I end up browsing the store for about an hour daydreaming.

These are my favorite patterns so far:

thyme persian-style rug

link

neha floral rug

link

keira rug

link

You never know which rugs the outlet will actually have, so I'm sure there will be different ones there I like as well. Of course other stores have nice rugs too, I've just always been impressed with the ones at PB. Now I just have to save up for a good one! :)



{alli}

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! You should check out HomeGoods. I just found a great, huge rug there $130. Just an idea! Your home looks great! -ellen r

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the first rug the best=)- Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Ellen!! I forget about HomeGoods!

    & Lizzy, I think that one is my favorite too :)

    ReplyDelete