7.11.2011

delays are not always a bad thing

Well, it is July 11 & if you would have asked me back in May if we would be in our new house by now, I would have said, "Definitely." Yet here I am, writing this post from G's parents house right before I go over to our house to paint cabinets. 

We began this "updating" process with a relatively simple list of things to do before we moved in...as time went on, we got more creative & the list got much longer. The new additions have turned out really well & I think they will make a big difference. All this to say, our kitchen is going to be fabulous & I can hardly wait to reveal the finished product! 

Here is a look at what we have been up to:

small fix
The front porch light was itsy bitsy & very old, so we decided to buy a new one at Lowe's on sale.
oldie
newbie
easy fix!
And thus concludes the small fix section :) 

big fixes
It is a whole new world for me to ask my husband if we could possibly, maybe add certain things to the kitchen, assuming they will be way too difficult. Every time this happens I am surprised once more at his answer, "Sure, that is no problem." It has been a huge blessing to have a husband & a father-in-law who can literally fix anything, build anything, add anything, wire anything...& on & on the list goes. 

Since my last post, they have:

* taken down the fluorescent light in the kitchen
 * taken down the small fan in the kitchen
* added three can lights to the kitchen ceiling & two in the hearth room
* wired & installed under the cabinet lights
* built a half wall where the bar previously was
* patched up all the holes in the ceiling from the fluorescent light & soffit 
* built new cabinets
* installed our new counter tops

Are you as impressed as I am?? I'm still amazed! 
Here is just a small glimpse into what has been going on in our kitchen lately:
our barely-there kitchen
& yet again
new home for the dishwasher
half wall goodness
wiring craziness
my first fully painted cabinet
working on the doors
Then we didn't take pictures for a couple of days...& THEN we got our counter tops!

ah! so pretty!
painted the half wall
better view of the half wall
we still need to paint the cabinets

all of this is new!
So the above picture shows where the range and microwave will go. This wall was previously empty before. I am so excited about how things are turning out! We are putting in appliances this week and finishing painting the cabinets!

{alli}

No comments:

Post a Comment