5.20.2013

Nusery So Far

Sweet friends in Memphis threw us a baby shower over Mother's Day weekend. We came home with so many gifts, including the mattress for the crib! Once we got home & unloaded everything, the nursery began coming together. Last weekend we picked up a mattress for the trundle bed at Sam's Club. Today I got two lamps at TJ Maxx Home Goods here in Louisville. I am loving how Hadley's little room is coming along!


We chose Valspar's sweet slumber for the wall color. I still need to finish painting the trim, but we ran out of paint. :)


We painted the trundle bed Valspar's spearmint haze. Gentry bought a paint sprayer to work with the air compressor he got for Christmas. It worked amazingly!


The crib is a Jenny Lind crib from Target. My parents got it for us & surprised us by having it delivered to our house. I haven't decided what to do for a crib skirt yet, but I'm still thinking of making one with some fabrics that I like.


My parents bought me this bookshelf from the Pottery Barn outlet when we first moved to Memphis back in 2005. We plan on putting the changing pad on top of it.


I love both of these lamps!


My sweet friend Adrienne painted this beautiful watercolor "H" for Hadley. I cannot get over how amazing it is!


She has gotten some precious little outfits so far, & these don't even include all the onesies & other cute things I have stored under the trundle!


This is the bedding I used in college from Pottery Barn. It was my older sister's idea to use it for the trundle, & I'm so glad we did!

 
The other wall of the nursery is a big closet. We are going to take the old doors down & spray paint them with a fresh coat of white. We did this in our bedroom & it made a huge difference!


 This is everything so far! It is so fun seeing it all come together!

{alli}

3 comments:

  1. Aw I have my first on the way too, due in November, the nursery look fab!

    I am doing a blog Giveaway if you are interested :)

    http://girlaboutchelts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/gac-giveaway_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really amazing! Well done! Thanks for posting the paint color, too. I am torn between an embarrassing amount of light blues and mints, so seeing Sweet Slumber on walls really helped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember sitting on that pretty comforter in college! So glad to see it being used again :)

    ReplyDelete