5.17.2012

exterior changes

Yesterday we spent the day working in the flower beds & spreading mulch. I absolutely love mulch. I can remember dad & my brother, Grant, pulling up the long driveway of our house in Alabama with the truck bed loaded down with fresh mulch. We would spend the rest of the day spreading it out in the flower beds around our two acre home. While I'm sure I complained during the process, I've always loved it. I even like the smell of mulch, which most people can't stand.

So when I got home from work & saw that my sweet husband had surprised me & brought home a bunch of mulch for our yard, I was thrilled!

It really makes a big difference for your yard. It wasn't until I took some photos of our flower beds that I realized just how much the exterior of our house has changed in the time we have been here.

This is the first photo we have of the exterior of our home here:


& here are some photos I snapped with my phone yesterday


We still plan on adding shutters & rebuilding the front porch, which we tore down when we first moved in. We took out the two large bushes on either side of the front door a couple of months ago, & it made a big difference! Painting the front doors helped as well. We have planted hostas in front of the original bushes, & two azaleas on either side of the porch.

But even with the things we still plan on doing, it is looking a lot better!




{alli}


4 comments:

  1. Well....I guess you know you are a "grown up" when you get excited about Mulch!!! Now - you know whats missing in your yard......caladiums. I order from the same place that Mamaw and Nanny used to order. Rainbow Acres. Postman Joyner is what Nanny first told me to order years ago and that is what we always get. They do great in the sun, despite what they recommend. Your yard looks beautiful. love you! Rainbow Acres - 1-863-382-4449

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually planted some & are waiting for them to show up! I can't wait :) Thanks for the info though! I'll order my own next year. This year mom gave us some of hers.

      Delete
  2. looks great! A lot of people here in Eastern NC use Pine Needles instead of mulch because there are a ton of pine trees! I get so frustrated, but we always invest in mulch... makes it look so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost squeal when I see you've posted again. I love seeing what you've been up to. How you get all these things done I have no idea! You're right, the landscaping makes such a beautiful difference. Your house is so cute! There is nothing like fresh mulch to make things look so clean. Not much for the smell but I do love the effect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete