11.03.2011

pinterest finds

Like most people, I have discovered & fallen in love with Pinterest. Of course I have come across many fun things, but I'm most interested in the home decor ideas. If you look at my boards you will find that I have many, many home-related pins saved. 

In this post, I'll show you my top 10 pins for home-decor. I'll to try to pick from all different types of rooms.

top 10

#10:

link
 I love khaki, linen couches & this one is no exception. This room has gorgeous big windows, lots of books & antiques. I also like the pops of blues & greens throughout. 


#9:

link

The tin roof, wrap-around porch & black shutters make this house amazing in my book.

#8:

link
Robin's egg blue might be my favorite color of all time. It's no wonder I like this office so much. Plus it comes fully equipped with an easel for painting, as well as a huge cork board to fill with ideas. I'm also a fan of the shear, white curtains hung halfway down the windows.

#7:

link
No, I'm not just listing this kitchen because of the sunflowers on the counter, though If I could always have sunflowers in my kitchen I would. If I ever have a lake house in the mountains one day, this will be my kitchen! :) The colorful lower cabinets in turquoise are so cheerful, & the wooden beams add a rustic touch.

#6:

link
Again with the robin's egg blue & khaki, linen furniture. I also like the large ottoman & the gorgeous oil painting with greens & browns. The antique wall & ceiling are also pretty amazing. 

#5:

link
While I'm not a huge fan of the polka dot bedding in this room, I still love the room itself. The wooden beams on the ceiling are incredible. The room kind of reminds me of the attic from Little Women I used to dream about playing in. Add some fluffy white bedding to the bed, & it might be my favorite room. 

#4:

link
 This antique arch is amazing. I like the idea of nontraditional headboards, especially paired with white linens. This room reminds me of my mom's mom - my Mamaw. I once asked her, "If you could have one thing everyday what would it be?" She gave me two answers: clean linens on her bed & fresh flowers on her night stand. I couldn't agree more :)

#3:

link
White ottoman, blue rug with print, eclectic & bright pillows, plus mismatched end tables... I love it all. I saw this room in a magazine a few years ago & then came across it again on Pinterest.

#2:

link
Huge, antique bed painted black, plus a large area rug & white bedding make this bedroom amazing. The vaulted ceiling with white boards is a favorite of mine too. I also like the velvet ottoman at the foot of the bed & the matching pillows.

#1:

link
This room has it all. Jute rug, layered with a blue one. Cream couch, plus three chairs. Huge stone fireplace & wooden beams on the vaulted ceilings with a great chandelier. I like all of these things :)



{alli}

No comments:

Post a Comment