9.12.2011

hearth love

I'm pretty much in love with how our hearth room has turned out so far. The last post I made was about painting our fireplace. Since then we have done a lot!

This is the last photo I posted of our progress:




Then the book shelves started to go up.

Then I started priming and painting the two wooden beams in the ceiling.


The next step was to prime the newly-built mantle, which I love! 


& then I forgot to take pictures of our painting progress, & the carpet came in!


We painted two coats of Kilz & two coats of glossy white paint to the shelves & the mantle. The beams took four coats of Kilz & two coats of glossy white. 

View of the half wall & the kitchen.


We also bought this flat black fan from Lowe's on sale. It ties in well with the insert & other black accessories.


Here is one final view of the mantle, fireplace & shelves. Like I said, I am in love! 


I'd say it's a lot better than it looked the first time I posted about the room. :) 

Now we have moved in our couch, a chair & a side table. I am having fun adding some colorful accessories. We still have to build the cabinet doors and finish painting & cutting the shelves, but I wanted to share how amazing the room is looking at this point!


{alli}

1 comment:

  1. holy cow that looks amazing!!! I can't believe the transformation! GREAT WORK Alli and G!!

    ReplyDelete