10.19.2011

living room update

When we first saw our rental house, the living room looked like this:




Then my hubby & his parents stripped the floors, & it looked like this:


The next step was to stain the floors & move our things in. 




We waited a long time to paint the walls & take down the strange spindles on the ledge near the front door. 


The walls were a buttery yellow color with two hunter green accent walls. It kind of felt like we were big Packers fans, so I really wanted to paint them! I finally decided on a living room color, but then changed my mind & went one shade darker with Sherwin William's "Comfort Gray."


It turned out great on our walls, & looks really good with our floors!


I like the light blue/gray color much better than the green & yellow combo.


I still need to paint the door frames white in the hallway.


My sweet sister gave us this framed painting that I put on the entry table. I love all the colors it brings in.


I painted the ledge on the half wall with the glossy white paint I've been using on the doors, window frames & crown molding.

I still want to take down the wooden blinds on the big window behind the couch & put up a window treatment with one of these two fabric colors:

link
I want to use either the red or orange color to tie in with our new Pottery Barn pillows my sweet mom bought us at the PB Outlet!


I found this idea of how to hang curtains on Pinterest not long ago, & want to hang our curtains higher than I normally would.


Another plan I have for our living room/entry is to take out the old closet doors just inside the front door & create a little nook.

Here are a few ideas I've come across.

link

I love the bench on this one! I want to put bead board in the closet with coat hooks above a bench like in this one:

link

That's all that has been going on here so far. Hopefully we will be getting started on the entertainment center soon, & I will paint the dining room!




{alli}


No comments:

Post a Comment